As we come to the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017, it’s common for people to start thinking back on goals that we intended to accomplish and goals we would like to accomplish in the new year. For many people, one of the major resolutions that ends up on the list every year is to have a sleeker sexier body. For those men and women who deal with unwanted body hair, that goal can seem almost impossible to achieve.
It’s not. Laser hair removal may very well be the answer you need. You’ve probably considered it, maybe even told yourself that you’d do it but never got around to it. Here are just a few reasons you should get started on laser hair removal now:
- The Big Debut: It may be winter now, but everyone knows it doesn’t stay winter forever. Soon enough it will be time to trade in your snow suit for a swim suit. Instead of worrying about full-body shaving or waxing for your big debut, wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could just put your swimsuit on and go? For that to happen, your laser hair removal sessions need to start now. Depending on the area, complete hair removal may take up to six (6) sessions spaced a few weeks apart so you’ll need to give yourself time.
- You’re covered: After each hair removal session, it’s important to avoid direct sun exposure to the skin. During the cooler months, you’re more likely to be covered for longer so the timing works out perfectly.
- Avoid ingrowns: Shaving and waxing often lead to ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and sometimes even unsightly skin infections. In fact, avoiding the ingrown hairs is one of the main reasons we hear from our patients who just stop shaving entirely during the cooler months. They figure they’re going to be covered anyway, so why bother? Starting laser hair removal now can keep you hair-free and bump-free from your first session on (assuming, of course, that you get all of your treatments according to schedule.)
- The element of surprise: Colder weather is cuddle weather! How many times have you heard of (or maybe you’ve done it yourself?) someone who has cut short or declined some great cuddle time because they didn’t want the other person to notice that they were sporting a full thick and luxurious coat of hair like a yeti? Laser hair removal takes that worry off the table and allows you to embrace spontaneity and just let things happen without having to plan ahead of time to shave or wax your entire body. You’ll never have to pass up a pleasant surprise again!
- Save time and money: You probably don’t realize how much time and money you spend on hair removal, but take some time and think about it. How much are you spending on razors, shaving cream/gel/foam, waxing or threading? Are you losing an hour or two a week to hair removal? An hour a week may not seem like much, but that means that at the end of the year, you could have had a 40 hr work week plus 12 hours of overtime back in your life as usable time! Laser hair removal allows you to take that time back.
To learn more about what areas can be treated with laser hair removal, what types of patients are ideal for laser hair removal and to schedule a consultation, please call Dr. Tess at 310) 275-TESS